Searchlight Insurance Training (Searchlight) regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as fundamental to our operations and to the maintenance of confidence of the organisations and individuals with whom we carry out our business activities.
Searchlight is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
By visiting our website, booking a course or accepting our emails you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name, email address, job title and other business contact information.
- Data provided by you through your actions eg booking on to training courses.
- Any information you give us by completing forms (e.g end of course evaluation forms).
Uses Made of the Information
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Searchlight is the data controller. We will use information held about you in the following ways:
- To let you know of up coming courses and material that Searchlight has to aid competence.
- To help us make relevant suggestions to you about further study.
- To provide you and your employer if requested with a detailed record of the learning you have undertaken with us.
- To improve our training content.
Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Information
Provision of information on services (marketing) – Our legitimate interest or your explicit consent
To send you joining instructions and course information on courses you are registered for – Our legal obligations to you or your employer
Disclosure of Your Information
Searchlight will not disclose your information to any third party except:
- Individuals within your organisation nominated by you or your employer. Those individuals may be your line manager, group managers or learning and development staff.
- In the following exceptional cases:
- If Searchlight, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored electronically on our secure servers in the UK. The data that we collect is stored within European Economic Area (“EEA”).
How long will we keep your data for?
We will keep a copy of your data until you withdraw consent to us holding your details or you leave your employer. We regularly review the information held to endeavour to keep such information accurate and up to date. The flyers we send you contain a clearly identified unsubscribe option, which upon receipt your information will be deleted.
Searchlight abides by all relevant Data Protection legislation and your rights determined therein. Under the legislation you have the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal data:-
- The right to be informed about how we use your personal data (This Privacy Notice)
- The right to see a copy of the personal information we hold about you. (In most cases this will be free of charge)
- The right to have personal information rectified if inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right of erasure of your personal information where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- The right to restrict processing in certain circumstances e.g. if its accuracy is being contested.
- The right to data portability which, subject to certain conditions, allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data across different services.
- The right to object to certain processing including for the purposes of direct marketing.
- Rights to information in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
If you have a complaint about how we use your personal information please contact us on the telephone number below or by emailing email@example.com.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s office at any time.
Our site may contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Changes to this policy
Tom Wood, Group Business Development Manager – Telephone: 07736 931325
If you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for, or need further information, please call our team on 0117 244 7221.