Research by the CII found that insurance companies deal with vulnerability inconsistently across the industry, and even across their own internal functions. Often the problems were as a result of general poor customer service, where the negative impact was exacerbated due to the individual’s vulnerability.
This workshop aims to equip firms with the knowledge and skills to ensure that support is offered to a vulnerable customer so that they can effectively interact, and firms can deliver on their promised services.
Available dates: 19th April, 21st June 2021
Recognising a vulnerable customer
- Poor health
- Cognitive impairment
- Caring responsibilities
- Computer literacy & access
- Low literacy, numeracy and financial capability skills
The FCA Report – The latest guidance
Understanding a customers needs
- Ensure your staff have the right skills and capability to recognise and respond to the needs of vulnerable customers
- Importance of transparency
Product & Service Design
- Accessability & Suitability
- How to sensitively record a vulnerability on a customer’s profile