Searchlight’s Interviewing Skill training workshop provides the knowledge you or your staff need to carry out interviews effectively, consistently, and professionally.
After all, if you recruit the wrong person it could cost your firm a great deal of money and time. Time invested in taking our course could pay significant dividends further down the line.
The workshops is suitable for anyone who’s responsible for recruiting and selecting staff, and will benefit experienced managers who want to refresh their skills or those who simply wish to master these skills quickly.
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Describe the importance of setting clear core competencies
- Identify standards of performance for these competencies
- Describe the legal issues relating to recruitment and selection
- Specify the preparation required for a selection interview
- Describe the key communication skills required for an effective interviewer
- Explain the importance of clear record keeping
- Conduct a selection interview following an agreed structure
- Describe the follow up procedures
They will also have covered all of the following areas:
- The objective of the selection interview and the costs of getting it wrong
- Agreeing core competencies and recruitment criteria
- Identifying performance standards
- Legal issues in recruitment and selection
- Short-listing for interview
- Interview planning and question preparation
- Interviewing skills
- Questioning techniques
- Listening and note taking
- Establishing rapport
- Body language
- Skills practice
- The selection decision
- Personal action plan for further development of skills.